Healthy eating and sports will help your figure improve, but they do not produce miracles. Only a cosmetic surgeon can correct such defects in appearance. Sagging, loose elasticity of the stomach refers to such problems. In this case, to restore harmony will allow abdominoplasty - tummy tuck.
What is abdominoplasty?
For different reasons, the stomach may lose shape. Most frequently during pregnancy and childbirth people talk of abdominoplasty. Many people who lose weight significantly turn to the surgeon, too. A large portion of patients who turn to abdominoplasty are aged people-over the years, both muscles and skin lose their elasticity, and a diet can not cure the problem.
Therefore, abdominoplasty is an procedure during which the abdomen extracts excess skin and subcutaneous fat, and tightens the abdominal muscles. It should be noted that this is a very dangerous and difficult operation for the patient which needs rehabilitation. Therefore doctors do not recommend resorting to such a drastic step in situations where it is still possible to relax the stomach with the aid of exercise and diet.
Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is a cosmetic surgery intended to remove excess skin, fatty tissue and restore abdominal wall tone. Pregnancy, weight loss, normal aging cycle, is one of the most common causes of such manifestations. Abdominoplasty helps you to obtain outstanding results, but you must realize that there is still a scar following surgery that runs along the bikini line and, in most cases, around the navel. Very often abdominoplasty is done in conjunction with liposuction (sides field, waist, abdomen). The surgery can be done on both men and women.
Indications for abdominoplasty:
- Excess skin in the abdomen;
- Pronounced skin folds, “apron”;
- Postpartum stretch marks (after childbirth and cessation of lactation, at least 6 months must pass)
- Postoperative scars;
- Excess body fat in the abdomen
- Diastasis - divergence of the rectus abdominis muscles
Tummy tuck is not a weight-loss tool but a way of correcting the figure. Abdominoplasty may be classified into many categories: mini-abdominoplasty, when cutting just a tiny fold of the skin; medium-sized abdominoplasty and large-scale abdominoplasty combined with abdominal muscle stitches. Whether or not abdominoplasty suits you, the surgeon decides during the consultation. A small bulge of the abdomen and minor deposits of fat are not signs for this operation. Physical diet, diet, or liposuction may eliminate these imperfections.
How is the operation?
Abdominoplasty occurs under general anesthesia. The length of the procedure depends on its scope, from 1.5 to 3 hours. The surgeon makes a transverse incision (depending on the excess skin) above the pubic region, from one hip to the next. The shape of the incision is arched and resembles a smile. The skin and the subcutaneous fatty tissue are further isolated from the abdominal muscle wall. As a rule the abdominal muscles are extended during conception and pregnancy. The surgeon must strengthen them and conduct their relation during the procedure, thereby achieving a tightening of the abdominal wall. Excess skin is then stretched out and excised. Liposuction is done to the subcutaneous fat in the belly, sides, waist (for even distribution of fat layers in the belly) where possible. A navel is then shaped at a new location. Sutures are added to the wounds (most often absorbable). Gradually, the surgical wound is sutured, in layers. Subcutaneous drainage is provided upon finalization. A sterile dress up covers the cut. With a healing bandage the stomach is brought together.
Rehabilitation period after surgery:
- Within 10-14 days, it is necessary to observe a gentle regimen and regularly take the prescribed antibiotics and drugs to reduce swelling. You will receive all medicines at the time of discharge from the clinic.
- The first week after surgery, you must walk in a bent state. If you are lying, you need to bend your knees slightly. Sleeping on your back is recommended for 10 days.
- To prevent the occurrence of thrombosis, it is necessary to wear special stockings and regularly perform exercises for the legs.
- It is necessary to observe the drinking regime - 2-2.5 liters of fluid per day.
- Taking a shower is possible 4 to 5 days after surgery. Until this time, you must constantly wear an elastic bandage and compression underwear.
- Do not remove adhesive plasters from wounds. During the follow-up appointment, the doctor will change them.
- Compression underwear must be worn for 6 weeks (it is only allowed to take it off while taking a shower).
- Removal of sutures (if the sutures were not absorbable) occurs after 7 - 10 days.
- 3 weeks after surgery, you can start doing massage. How exactly to massage and when to start doing it, the doctor will tell you. Massage speeds up the healing process.
- Active physical activity is allowed no earlier than six weeks after surgery.
- Visits to the sauna or solarium are possible after 2-3 months.
- The healing process is very individual. In most cases, swelling and bruising go away within a few weeks.
- Scar stabilization continues for one year.
- In order to avoid pigmentation in the places of cuts and where there were bruises, it is not recommended to sunbathe for six months.
- In the future, it is recommended to attend preventive examinations.
- Working time:
- Mon.—Fr. 09:00—22:00
- Our address:
- Baku, Badamdar settlement,
A. Abbaszade str. 13a, AZ1073
- Contact numbers: